Main Article Content
The quality of a radiograph depicted by geometric and visual characteristics, in turn also depends on the quality of image receptors. Image receptors in dentistry have seen an enormous evolution trend from conventional x-ray films to the current generation of digital image receptors. The development of cost-effective image receptors is established in various types of imaging procedures. The current article provides an insight into the image receptors used in dental radiology.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
1. Tim Peter. Image Receptors: An update. Int J Innovation App Stud. 2014;7(1):205-212.
2. White SC, Pharoah MJ. Oral radiology principles and interpretation. 6th ed. St Louis; Mosby: 2009.
3. Radiology for the dental professional. 9th Edition by Frommer, Stabulas-Savage.
4. Shah N, Bansal N, Logani A. Recent advances in imaging technologies in dentistry. World J Radiol 2014;6:794?807.
5. Parks ET, Williamson GF. Digital radiography: an overview. J Contemp dent Pract. 2002;3:1-13.
6. Vander Stelt PF. Filmless imaging: The uses of digital radiography in dental practice. J Am Dent Assoc 2005;136:1379-1387.
7. Duvvaru LSR, Jain V, Mittal S, Alla RK. The Shadow Capturers that Revolutionised Radiology: Image Receptors. Trends Biomater Artif Organs. 2018; 32(3):128-132.
8. Williamson GF. Digital radiography in dentistry: moving from film?based to digital imaging (internet). 2014 [updated 2014 Feb 14]. Available at: http://www.dentalcare.com/media/ en?US/education/ce350/ce350.pdf. Accessed June 12, 2015.
9. Essentials of dental radiography and radiology, -Eric whaites, 4th edition.
10. Freny R Karjodkar. Essentials Of oral & maxillofacial radiology, 2nd edition.
11. Van der Stelt PF. Principles of digital imaging. Dent Clin North Am 2000;44(2):237-48.
12. Dhir P, David C, Keerthi G, Sharma V, Girdhar V. Digital imaging in dentistry: an overview. Int J Med Dent Sci. 2014;3(2):524.
13. Petrikowski CG. Introducing digital radiography in the dental office: an overview. J Can Dent Assoc 2005; 71(9):651-651.